May 03, 2012

A Wednesday Tradition

I've been waiting for a while to share this until we built up a collection of pictures + flavors. If you follow Angela (@teacheresque) or myself (@AhoyNative) on Instagram, you are well aware of our weekly tradition. Each Wednesday we go to a bible study, and each Wednesday before bible study we go to Starbucks. I just so happen to lovee coffee, but Angela, she isn't really a coffee drinker. So every time we went to get our drinks before bible study...she would get the same thing "vanilla frappe/latte/iced coffee." We decided the best way to break her of this habit was to try ordering off of the secret menu we had both herd about, but were not entirely sure existed. Good news: it does! And we haven't looked back since! Here are a few of the ones we've tried so far:
Crunch Berry Frappachino: This super yummy frap consists of a Strawberries + Cream base with a pump of  hazelnut syrup and toffenut syrp. Tasted just like the cereal!
Cinnamon Roll Frappachino:  Vanilla Bean Frappachino with a pump of cinnamon dolce syrup. Seriously tastes just like it's name!  This was the only week we decided to part ways and get two different drinks.
Raspberry Cheesecake Frappachino:  White Chocolate Mocha Frappachino with a few pumps of raspberry. Not sure if there were just too many pumps of raspberry, but this wasn't our favorite!
The Three C's:  I was super sick when we got this one, so I didn't get to taste it in all it's glory, but from what I could taste, it was really good! It's a Cinnamon Dolce latte (we got iced) with a pump of caramel and a pump of chocolate mocha. Someone made the comment on Instagram that they thought the Cinnamon Dolce latte was spicy..what do you think?
Nutella Latte:  Yes, you herd me right! Nutella in a drinkable form! This one we were most excited about. It's a Cafe Misto with a pump of both chocolate and hazelnut and a caramel drizzle. This one didn't really meet my expectations, but it was still yummy. Next time I think we'll sk for more hazelnut. 
The Grasshopper: This one is a Mocha Frappachino with Java chips + a pump of peppermint syrup blended in. I loved the bits of chocolate!

Yesterday we got both got Cinnamon Roll Fraps. There are still so many combinations to try, and I'm just excited that Angela is drinking coffee more. Bean doesn't drink it either, so I'm glad I have someone to go with me on coffee dates! I'm really excited to try the blended Strawberry Lemonade. Have you ever ordered off the secret Starbucks menu? What's your favorite drink of choice! It's almost the weekend, yay! xo, Meghan





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It means the world to me!