April 03, 2013

WEARS: BIRTHDAY TUTUS

So this is it, my beloved birthday outfit! I spent such a long time searching for the perfect pieces to complement each other, it was my 21st birthday after all! When I came across the Going Tulle Be Lovely skirt I was smitten, but a little discouraged because of the reviews. I decided to go ahead and purchase it anyway on a whim, because I believe that every girl needs a nice fluffy skirt in her closet. While it does run a little big, and isn't as fluffy as I'd hoped I still really like it. It's like the grown-up version of a tutu. I felt fancy but not too fancy for the pizza place we were having dinner at. 

I had something called The White Album which was uhmazing. White sauce, mozzarella, onions, arugula, truffle oil makes for a yummy pizza. Almost all of my family came (a few people didn't, but I learned later that week why...don't worry I'll share!) and my mom made me an adorable owl cake. She's got a hidden talent for cake making/decorating.  It was so much fun to have all of my friends and family gathered in a tiny pizza joint, laughing, eating and overhearing everyone's conversations because we were so crammed in. Stephen, Dakota and I ended the night by piling in to his new-old truck that only has a bench seat. I was right in the middle of my two favorite people, and at that moment I didn't want to be anywhere else in the world.

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Every girl needs a tulle skirt! I need to get one too!

    Ooo truffle oil makes any pizza DELICIOUS!!! =)

    Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your style :)
    happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're perfect and that's that. That green hat just made my whole life.

    Finding your blog definitely livened my morning up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It means the world to me!