September 04, 2011

Sunday Funday: Thrifted Edition

This Sunday after church Bean, Dakota and myself went with my mom and step-dad  to the flea market and for a thrifting trip! We got a bunch of goodies, including fresh veggies to make salsa. Nothing is better than fresh cilantro, so yum!

Some things I thrifted for Dakota:

From Top: picture of it all, fleece dress + hand sewn moccasins,
close up of black/plaid dress collar, baby blue shirt, and two dollies.

Thrifted for Bean:


Funny story about these things paintings! Bean's high school art teacher used to tell him he looked like Blue Boy. So when he found that painting today, I knew it had to come home with us! While I was looking around I asked the lady at the check out if I could please leave it there until we checked out because it's actually rather large. (Not sure if you can tell that or not) And she asked me if I saw the The Pink Lady, which um no I hadn't! So I rushed over and grabbed it and put it with the Blue Boy. They have now replaced the old ship picture and crewel flowers hanging above our bedside tables. They're so cute! We also made it home with a new tin Thermos and a pitcher with a red and blue rooster on it. Same colors as my kitchen! 

We just had taco night (something I'm thinking must happen one, if not more, times a week!) and now we're putting the finishing touches on our photos for Deliciously Sew. Stay tuned/ check back in later tonight because were going to be posting the facebook! Yay, everything is coming together. We're both so excited!

*Dakota after she had been caught doing something she shouldn't!*

xo Meghan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It means the world to me!