March 25, 2012

What we Wore: Handmade skirts!

I made this skirt for Angela for her birthday! It's the first one I ever made --before I learned how to make the style of the one I'm wearing below. This was last Saturday, the day of a baby shower we were attending and the evening of our trio birthday party including Bean's mama. We both wore our handmade skirts (not on purpose!) and thought it would be fun to share how we each styled our handmade piece!

Angela paired her floral skirt with a super cute peter pan top, and a big black belt. Canvas oxfords complete this spring inspired look! I paired my khaki colored skirt with a black + peach polka dot crop top. I added accessories (like my hat + bow belt) in blacks in browns to pull the look together. I wore sandals for the first time this season, and the sun felt soo good on my toes!

On Angela: Skirt, Handmade! // Top, Belt + Ring,  Forever 21 // Oxfords, H&M
On Meghan: Skirt, Handmade! // Top, Belt, + Hat, Forever 21 // Sandals, Target. // Watch, Betsy Johnson

I am seriously having so much fun making things! (Confession: I've already made 4 different skirts in different patterns/colors!) Although it's super fun, I think I'm ready to move onto something a little bit different..dresses! We plan on sharing more outfits together on here, including things we've made, and just regular outfits. I hope you don't mind! Angela has a pretty awesome wardrobe, too!

xo, Meghan + Angela. 


2 comments:

  1. such cute skirts!! i love the bow belt and polka dot top, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I likeeee..buy the floral one?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It means the world to me!