March 11, 2013

STAY HUMBLE


Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes things don't go how you think they should. And sometimes life just slaps a lot of crap on your plate, and you don't really feel like you deserve any of it. No one ever said it was going to be easy, but in all honestly, I've had it pretty easy in my life. I wasn't sheltered by any means, but in the grand scheme of things, my life has been pretty easy. I have recently found myself comfortable in the good. Started to maybe even think I deserved all the good things God has blessed me and my family with. That is so far from the truth. I am thankful for His grace daily, because without it, I would have no good in my life.

I'm reminded of the print/quote that says "Work Hard & Stay Humble." I want this to be my attitude. I always want to stay humble, because I do not ever want to have to be humbled. I have SO much more to be thankful for than I have to worry about. I find myself thinking "why me, what did I do to deserve this" when any bad thing comes along in my life. When those days come along, I want to remind myself of all I've been blessed with. My family is highly favored. But you know what? To be honest, that is hard. It is hard to just grin and bear it. Or to bite your tongue, when you have so much to say. To work insanely hard, just to see someone else get that promotion. To pray for someone when you'd rather tell them a thing or two about themselves. To accept that sometimes you don't have control over things. To see the silver lining on a day that is full of clouds. It's hard. My days always turn around though, when I stop and take time to appreciate all I've been given. I don't really know how to sum this up other than, I'm constantly learning. How to be a better wife and mother. I'm always trying to be the best version of myself I can be. This is one of those lessons that I need to put to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It means the world to me!