September 27, 2011

On the Run

As of late, late as in this past weekend, I realized how much I miss running. I ran Cross Country, leisurely and somewhat competitively, in high school up until my senior year and then I quit. Why did I quit again? Still trying to come up with an excuse. Fast forward 3 years and here I am just now getting back into it. What is wrong with me! I have been dilly-dallying at the gym jogging and (trying to) run on the elliptical but never really took it seriously until now. Yesterday I put on my big girl sneakers and went for a run! I came home feeling pumped, mainly due to my awesome tune selection--thanks Bean!, and ready to take on the world. I know that sounds silly but it really can make you feel better. And you know what? I did it again today! I just got back and I feel great.  I've been waiting to run until later when after Dakota is already sound asleep and it's nice. It's dark, no one else is really out, and it's much cooler than in the middle of the day. The only down side to it is that while running later helps me get sound sleep, it doesn't help me get to sleep. I didn't fall asleep until after 1 in the morning!! That is a no go for a mama with a baby that likes to wake up early. But as much as I wish I was a girl who could get up at 5 in the morning and be ready to go get her workout on, I know I am not that girl. I would really have to push myself, hard. I guess that there are still a few bugs to work out with my routine, but I'm just happy to be back! If any of you running mamas out there have any advice, I'd looove to hear it! Leave a comment or send me a tweet.

I'll be back in a bit with a few loose ends to 'tie up'!

xo Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It means the world to me!